Administrative Support Assistant III – Department of Finance
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed,at a city site and/or in the field several days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
This posting will accept applications until November 20th. Please apply as soon as possible.
About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance manages the city's investing, fiscal analysis, budgeting, debt and asset management, tax assessment and collection, and accounting functions as well as establishing, maintaining and enforcing fiscal policies, practices and procedures for the entire City and County of Denver. The Department commits to Denver residents the delivery of these services through a financial structure that mirrors the best practices of both the public and private sectors. This commitment promotes better service, enhanced performance measures, maximum accountability and improved business processes.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Department of Finance is seeking an Administrative Support Assistant III. This is an exciting opportunity to carry out a variety of full performance level office support work, such as greeting and welcoming customers at the front desk, answering phones and assisting customers with their needs, checking the agency mail, working with department leaders on assigned projects, supporting the Business Operations Administrator with providing administrative needs for the department, and performing a wide variety of tasks, processes and transactions.
Additionally, the Administrative Support Assistant III:
- Examines and evaluates a variety of information to determine correctness, completeness, and adherence with requirements and verifies and corrects information
- Utilizes a computer to input information/data and to create, edit, compile, manipulate, and retrieve files and/or databases and creates reports
- Assists the Business Operations Administrator to ensure tasks, transactions, and processes are completed timely and accurately
- Encourages and participates in programs to foster commitment and team spirit and works with others to achieve goals
- Supports the DOF reception area and tasks, including greeting visitors, checking the mail, and answering phone calls
- Processes invoices and requisitions. Assists in the preparation of budget documents
- Compiles information and generates reports and/or organizes information into tables, charts, or graphs
- Prepares a variety of documents according to guidelines
- Manages office supply ordering and inventory
- Assists with specific DOF Division projects
- Identifies a need for and knows where or how to gather information and organizes and maintains information.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
This position requires an online assessment or test. Once you complete your application, if you meet the qualification for the position you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with a link to the assessment or test. We recommend that you add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list. If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes of applying, please contact AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org .
We are looking for someone with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Advanced knowledge of standard office practices and procedures
- Previous experience in assisting with or preparing budget documents
- High level of comfort utilizing technology and technology-based applications
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize projects and multi-task as needed
- Knack for developing productive work relationships
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Two (2) years of clerical experience.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirement.
About Everything Else
CC1494 Administrative Support Assistant III
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$17.19 - $25.79
Based on education and experience
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.