Administrative Support Coordinator II, LCoB Accounting & Finance Dept. (520458)
Reporting to the Director of Resources & Operations and receiving work lead direction from the Department Chair, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative support to the department in the Lucas College of Business (LCoB).
- Process all Student Assistant, Course Student Assistant, and Instructional Student Assistant, hiring, onboarding and tracking for Accounting & Finance Department. If needed, also appoint any Graduate Assistants upon direction from the LCoB Resource Team.
- Coordinate all aspects of faculty office moves including packing and arrange for move of supplies & furniture, telephones, computers. Coordinate the setup for new tenure track faculty offices based on the direction from the Director of Resources & Operations. Ensure faculty have teaching supplies, keys and keycard access to buildings/office/classrooms, and general office-setup.
- Responsible for opening and closing department office during regular office hours. Act as a front-line receptionist, answer phones, respond to inquiries about department programs, policies and procedures, run errands, distribute mail and make photocopies.
- Research, troubleshoot, resolve and disseminate moderately complex academic-related problems for students and faculty.
- Pickup for student assistants, master payroll, and miscellaneous paychecks.
- Approve monthly student payable time.
- Temporary Duties: support to the other LCoB Undergraduate departments for Department Coordinator administrative & procurement tasks, as assigned by the Director of Resources & Operations.
- Responsible for following the SJSU travel guide and using Financial Transaction Services (FTS) to enter requests for authorization for travel & travel reimbursements. Assist faculty in making travel arrangements, assign account numbers, track sources of funds, and monitor travel expenditures.
- Prepare and process purchase requisitions, direct pay and employee personal reimbursement claims. Reconcile Procurement Card and GoCard account statement entering appropriate chart field per expense on a monthly basis. Manage the TRIA/VPAT process for IT software requests. Interact with purchasing and accounts payable when needed to complete all requests.
- Maintain department faculty grants. LCoB Travel Research & Development (TR&D) allocations in addition to any external grants. Must understand the guidelines and fund expiration for each type. Input and track expenditures.
- Reconcile all expenses using CFS Data Warehouse.
- Responsible for coordination and preparation of expenses with department Tower Foundation and Research Foundation accounts. Work with LCoB Resource Team analyst for processes.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to provide high level customer service to students, faculty and staff
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others
- Demonstrates ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group
- Working knowledge of CFS to extract information and understand interactions between various funds and accounts
- Proficient in PC compatible software programs such PeopleSoft, MS Office and Excel
- Proficient in SJSU applications: (e.g. Financial Transaction Services (FTS), Common Finance System (CFS)/Data Warehouse, MySJSU, SJSU@Work, CHRS, possibly eFaculty and other current software applications)
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Demonstrated experience providing customer service
- At least two years demonstrated experience handling multiple work priorities
- Experience with DocuSign, Word and Excel
- Experience with student appointments
- Experience with SJSU systems FTS, CFS, CFS Data Warehouse, PeopleSoft, CSUBuy and CHRS
- Experience preparing travel reimbursements, purchase requisitions, and reconciling financial transactions.
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator II
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,269/month - $4,600/month
CSU Salary Range: $3,681/month - $6,034/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary .
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: November 4, 2022 through November 20, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (including all booster doses of an approved vaccine for which an individual is eligible per current CDC recommendations) or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. As a condition of employment, any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as well as with other safety measures established on the campus. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. Incumbent is also required to promptly report any knowledge of a possible Title IX related incident to the Title IX Office or report any discrimination, harassment, and/or retaliation to the Office of Equal Opportunity.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at email@example.com .
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf . The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled