Looking for flexibility in your next role? Want to be a part of a global leader in compressor technology, engineering and innovation? Enjoy working in a temperature-controlled environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done? Then, Kobelco has a place for you!
What Youll Do: As an Assembler, you will prepare parts for assembly and test of product while maintaining quality and safety standards in order to meet customer expectations.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Read assembly drawings along with BOMs and special notes for assembly.
- Wash parts using water base and solvent base cleaning tanks.
- Lift parts manually or with a hoist, and position and secure parts either on skids or assemblies
- Verifies visually and by mechanical feel, as to the quality and proper fit of parts.
- Listens to noise of running assembly to detect if problem exists.
- Prepare proper work order/routing documentation.
- Insures parts are made to Kobelco Compressors specifications to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Education: High school diploma or GED required.
- Experience: 1-3 years experience in simple assembly. Experience in a metals manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Mechanical aptitude with high attention to detail are required for this role. Must have ability to use basic high school math. Ability to read and interpret a tape measure required. Ability to read a machining scale a plus.
- Functional Skills: Excellent prioritization, organizational and attention to detail are important in this role. Must possess basic machinist tools.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to fill out daily labor reports and record information of daily activities.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
What We Offer:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
• Competitive salaries
• Excellent Comprehensive Health program
• Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer