Assistant Professor of Finance (528935)
Position: Assistant Professor of Finance
Effective Date: August 19, 2024 (Fall Semester)
Salary Range: $64,860 - $143,928/per year (Commensurate with qualifications and experience)
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin September 5, 2023. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Business
Department of Finance
- Ph.D. in Finance, Financial Engineering, or related field from an AACSB (or EQUIS) accredited institution. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2024.
- Demonstrated potential to teach in the area of investments
- Demonstrated potential to effectively develop curriculum at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including in the area of investments
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly, and creative activities leading to publication
- Demonstrated potential for service contributions to the department, college, university, and community
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Experience of successfully working with a diverse student body including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first-generation college students, students who are veterans, students from diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions.
- Successful/forthcoming publication record and/or promising research pipeline in Finance
- Effective teaching experience at the college level
- Familiarity with Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) curriculum and a current CFA charter holder or interest in pursuing a CFA charter in the near future
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body ( demographics )
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level courses in investments and related areas, with an emphasis on courses in our CFA-Affiliated Master of Science in Financial Analytics program. (Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and / or any combination thereof.)
- Develop undergraduate and graduate level courses in investments and related areas and maintain current discipline content with the CFA program's common body of knowledge
- Maintain a program of scholarly research in the field of finance leading to presentations and publications
- Participate in service to the department, the college, the university, and the broader community
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB), College of Business (COB) is AACSB-accredited and hosts multiple graduate programs at the master's level, including a variety of both MBA programs and discipline-specific Master of Science programs. The Department of Finance's Master of Science in Financial Analytics is a STEM-designated, CFA-affiliated program and is aligned toward the CFA Program's Candidate Body of Knowledge. CSULB is also a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner.
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here: CSU Employee Benefits
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: http://www.csulb.edu/EquityDiversityStatement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Names and contact information for three references (to be contacted for confidential letters of recommendation should you reach the finalist stage)
- Evidence of research and/or publication in the field, if applicable
- Evidence of effective teaching, if applicable (i.e., student evaluations)
- Semi-finalists will be required to submit a copy of their unofficial transcript from the institution awarding their doctorate degree, if applicable
- Finalists will be required to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information about the position and search process should be addressed to:
Dr. Peter A. Ammermann, Search Committee Chair
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Finance
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-8505
562-985-4569 or E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to email@example.com .
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled