Assistant Professor of Healthcare Finance (531560)
Position: Assistant Professor of Healthcare Finance
Effective Date: August 19, 2024 (Fall Semester)
Salary: The Assistant Professor (Academic Year) classification salary is $5,405 to $11,994/per month (12 monthly payments per academic year). The anticipated hiring range is $7,292 to $7,400/per month. Salary offered is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Application Deadline: Review of applications to begin October 31, 2023. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
College of Health and Human Services
Department of Health Care Administration
- Ph.D. in healthcare finance, health care administration, health care management, health services research, or closely related field. Degree at time of application or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2024.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching effectiveness in healthcare finance or related field
- Demonstrated potential for research, scholarly and creative activities with record of scholarly publications and/or presentations
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse population
- Demonstrated commitment to department and university missions of equity and inclusion
- Demonstrated experience in designing and conducting studies in healthcare finance or closely related field
- Successful teaching experience at the college level
- Demonstrated evidence of scholarly productivity in healthcare finance or closely related field
- Experience with multiple teaching modalities (e.g., face-to-face, hybrid, online learning)
- Demonstrated research in area conducive to obtaining external funding
- Demonstrated experience in developing partnerships/collaborative projects with the health care industry
- Ability to align with CSULB's values of social justice, social mobility, and inclusivity with a demonstrated record of interweaving these values into teaching, research and services
- Experience of successfully working with populations demographically and socioeconomically similar to the CSULB student body
- Provide high quality instruction at both the undergraduate and graduate levels in the Department of Health Care Administration [Mode of instruction may include in-person, hybrid, online, and/or any combination thereof].
- Develop and maintain a research agenda with high-quality outcomes and disseminate it in academic publications and at discipline-specific conferences
- Participate in the development of undergraduate and graduate curriculum
- Participate in service to the department, college, university, community, and profession
- Mentor and advise undergraduate and graduate students
CSULB seeks to recruit faculty who enthusiastically support the University's strong commitment to the academic success of all of our students, including students of color, students with disabilities, students who are first generation to college, veterans, students with diverse socio-economic backgrounds, and students of diverse sexual orientations and gender expressions. CSULB seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the People of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students a rich variety of expertise, perspectives, and ways of knowing and learning.
The Department of Health Care Administration holds the following important distinctions:
- Association of University Programs in Health Care Administration (AUPHA) Certified
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Management Education (CAHME) Accredited
Information on excellent benefits package available to CSULB faculty is located here: CSU Employee Benefits
How to Apply - Required Documentation:
- An Equity and Diversity Statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population (maximum two pages, single-spaced). For further information and guidelines, please visit: Equity and Diversity Statement
- Letter of application addressing the required and preferred qualifications
- Name and contact information of three references (to be contacted for verbal references should you reach the finalist stage)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness, if applicable (i.e., course evaluations)
- Finalists should be prepared to submit an official transcript (e-transcript preferred, if available)
How to Apply: Click Apply Now icon to complete the CSULB online application
Requests for information about the position and/or process should be addressed to:
Dr. Yanling Qi, Associate Professor
California State University, Long Beach
Department of Health Care Administration
1250 Bellflower Boulevard
Long Beach, CA 90840-0004
A background check (including a criminal records check and telephone reference check with most recent employer) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
CSU Vaccination Policy
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org .
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race or ethnicity (including color or ancestry), nationality, religion or religious creed, gender (or sex), gender identity (including transgender), gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, genetic information, age, veteran or military status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled