Assistant Regional Director of Finance
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Regional Director of Finance is responsible for day to day accounting, forecasting accuracy, and budgeting of assigned HEI assets. This individual is responsible for the month end close process, balance sheet reconciliation, process improvement, and the control environment of each assigned hotel. The Assistant Regional Director of Finance will train property staff to ensure they understand HEI operating policies and the financial systems.
- Assists hotels in preparing their monthly hotel forecast, annual operating budget, and monthly financial statements. Directs and/or prepares all financial reports in accordance with HEI's requirements meeting various due dates and deadlines.
- Reviews property ledger balances to ensure no stale balances or financial risk exists.
- Analyzes financial data reports and operations in order to assist and advise management in maintaining the hotels' financial objectives.Performs monthly meetings with properties to continually train staff and ensure that they have the tools and resources to do their job.
- Conducts or participates in monthly financial reviews with each region after monthly close.
- Understands training issues and addresses or raises to the attention of the Regional Finance Lead.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Sound experience working within the hotel or service industry preferably in a multi-unit capacity.
- Previous hotel regional and Director of Finance experience recommended
- Knowledge of hotel month-end, budgeting, forecasting, and financial preparation process.
- A high level of Finance, Accounting, Strategy and Analysis knowledge and skills.
- A deep understanding of the hospitality industry, including all facets of development, opening, operating, conversion and transition, owner relations and revenue management. Ability to create complex models utilizing Microsoft Excel.
- A strong ability to successfully direct multiple and complex project work streams to successful completion.
- An effective leader of change with an ability to communicate, instruct and engage internal talent in order to achieve ongoing and effective change.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences at all levels of financial expertise.
- Flexibility - ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to multi-task - manage multiple projects.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117048175