Associate Director Of Finance
Location: US-CA-Woodland Hills
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
With a delightful mix of California atmosphere and city convenience, the Warner Center Marriott is San Fernando Valley's premier meeting destination. Ideally located in the Warner Center Business Park, and just 2 blocks north from The Village, the Warner Center Marriott blends business seamlessly with pleasure.
Here at the Warner Center Marriott our associates receive a free meal per shift, free covered onsite parking garage, enjoy monthly Town Hall Celebrations, chance to have a dialogue with the General Manager via General Manager's Roundtable. In addition, you and your family will enjoy the benefits of Marriott's discounted hotel room program at all Marriott locations worldwide
Assist Director of Finance in directing the financial activities of the hotel, safeguarding the assets, and preparing all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and HEI Hotels and Resorts Standards.
- Perform all accounting functions in the event assistance is needed.
- Effectively schedule, monitor, and evaluate controllable departmental expenditures to stay within the restraints of the established budget through: labor management and purchasing control systems
- Establish and monitor scheduling of all accounting associates, including Night Audit.
- Schedule personnel consistent with the volume of business and needs.
- Effectively plan in order to meet demands of both guests and staff.
Accounting Practices, Procedures, and Policies
- Assist in Producing Financial Statements within designated time frame for preliminary distribution to hotel management and to meet HEI Corporate requirements.
- Verify compliance with Finance SOP manual.
- Participate in and critique asset inventories.
- Maintain records storage area in compliance with record retention requirements of relevant government agencies.
- Preparation and knowledge of sales tax returns, as well as any other applicable tax liabilities.
Accounts Receivable and Cash Flow
- Manage and oversee all Accounts Receivable functions, including collection calls as needed.
- Ensure the A/R aging percentages are in compliance with SOP.
- Verify credit cards are processed every night by night audit.
- Verify cash deposits are made timely.
Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Assist Director of Finance with the Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts each period.
- Review any problem accounts with Director of Finance and adjust entries to the general ledger.
Management of Department
- Identify, screen and attract management candidates from outside the company.
- Train associates in job responsibilities.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- One year experience in Hotel or Hospitality related Decentralized Finance and Accounting.
- Knowledge of Hotel Financial Statements and reconciliation of A and L accounts.
- B.S. in Accounting.
- Analytical approach to problems with high regard for detail and accuracy
- Sound administrative and managerial skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills
- Have proficient training, coaching and counseling abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI117030119