Capital Markets Associate/VP
CoreVest American Finance (CAF) Capital Markets Team is seeking a team member to support in structuring, hedging, and executing debt capital markets transactions to support originations of loans to investors of residential properties. The responsibilities for this role will require significant transaction involvement and the ability to work on multiple projects and transactions concurrently. This team member will play a critical role on deal teams and will interact directly with directors, senior management, and gain exposure to multiple groups within CAF. Additionally, this team member will act as a liaison between Capital Markets, investment banks, and investors. In addition to transactional responsibilities, this team member will perform ad hoc analyses, presentations, and tasks for senior management to improve overall company efficiencies.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: Include the following but not limited to, other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the SVP Capital Markets and Chief Investment Officer to implement capital markets initiatives, oversee strategy and product positioning, develop new products, expand distribution channels, execute transaction financings and identify growth opportunities
- Performs extensive financial modeling to evaluate, structure, innovate, hedge and execute debt capital market transactions
- Identify, analyze, and execute security and whole loan investment opportunities
- Hedge origination pipeline and securitizations across multiple asset classes
- Examine market color and trends to formulate asset pricing based on optimal disposition channel
- Run bond cash flow models for loan pricings based on current market conditions
- Conducts comprehensive company, industry and market research
- Designs and leads presentation materials for executive meetings
- Prepares detailed transaction marketing materials
- Draft business plans for innovated debt products and businesses
- Maintain professional and productive relationships with bankers, investors and capital partners
- Trains, reviews Analyst work product related to preparation of detailed transaction marketing materials including confidential information memoranda, teasers, term sheets and company presentations.
- Organizes Ratings Agency Meetings, Lender Meetings and Investor Roadshows for debt offerings and private equity raises
Minimum Requirements: The responsibilities listed below are required. Accommodations may be made to enable the individual with disabilities to ensure the individual can perform the essential functions and responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or Real Estate
- Strong finance background with 2-4 years of finance experience at an investment bank, rating agency, financial advisory firm, accounting firm, a real estate law firm or investment firm
- Robust analytical capabilities to create cash-flow projections and design ad-hoc monitoring systems for unique transactions
- Familiarity with bond cash flow modeling and associated modeling tools, Intex, Bloomberg
- Ability to communicate clearly, briefly, and effectively verbally or in writing
- Must have a strong interest in understanding the legal and mathematical aspects of the capital markets
- Ability to work in high-paced, fluid environment, providing accurate information frequently on very short timelines
- Significant desire to build and grow a business
- Software fluency must include Intex, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power-Point and Bloomberg
- Excellent writing and outline development skills to quickly assess and report on developing situations and communicate complex ideas to audiences whose skills and experiences lie in other areas
- Ability to simultaneously handle multiple tasks, and projects
- Typical office environment with no unusual exposures
- Uses office equipment/computers/keyboards
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this role is $120K - 200K annually. The actual salary offer to the successful candidate will be based on job-related education, geographic location, training, licensure and certification, and other factors. CoreVest also offers a competitive benefit package including discretionary corporate bonus program, multiple health plans, STD and LTD options, company sponsored life insurance, fitness reimbursement, paid parental leave, time to volunteer, Paid Time off, ESPP, and 401K matching.