Looking for flexibility in your next role? Want to be a part of a global leader in compressor technology, engineering and innovation? Enjoy working in a temperature-controlled environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done? Then, Kobelco has a place for you!
What Youll Do:
As a CNC Operator/Trainee, you will produce compressor components with CNC Mills & Lathes while maintaining quality and safety standards in order to meet customer expectations.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Reads blueprints or job order for specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions on holding devices, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts and cutting tools.
- Lifts work-piece manually or with hoist and positions and secures work-piece in holding devices, machine table or fixture.
- Observes cutting action of machine to detect excessive wear or malfunction. Changes tooling as needed.
- Verifies conformance of machined work-piece to specifications using basic measuring devices (mics, calipers, etc.)
- Computes unspecified dimensions and machine settings.
- Complete inspection paperwork as needed.
- Insures that parts are made to Kobelco Compressors specifications to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Education: Two year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years experience in metals manufacturing environment.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude with high attention to detail are required in this role. Strong familiarity with metrics as well as ANSI standards. Must be able to use decimals and fractions as they relate to work environment. Experience with MS works and PC experience a plus.
- Functional Skills: Excellent prioritization, organization and attention to detail are important in this role. Must possess basic machinist tools.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
What We Offer:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
• Competitive salaries
• Excellent Comprehensive Health program
• Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer