CNC Rotor Profile Grinder/Thread Grinding
Looking for flexibility in your next role? Want to be a part of a global leader in compressor technology, engineering and innovation? Enjoy working in a temperature-controlled environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done? Then, Kobelco has a place for you!
What Youll Do:
As a CNC Rotor Profile Grinder/Thread Grinding, you will use high precision rotary screws to grind profile rotors for screw compressors while maintaining quality and safety standards in order to meet customer expectations.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Read blueprint or job order for specifications such as dimensions and tolerances, tooling instructions on holding devices, feed rates, cutting speeds, depth of cuts and cutting tools.
- Lifts work-piece manually or with hoist and positions and secures work-piece in holding device, machine table, or fixture.
- Observes cutting action of machine to detect excessive wear or malfunction. Changes tooling as needed.
- Verifies conformance of machined work-piece to specifications using basic measuring devices (mics, calipers, etc.).
- Computes unspecified dimensions and machine settings.
- Complete inspection paperwork as needed.
- Insures that parts are made to Kobelco Compressors specifications to ensure customer satisfactions.
- Education: Two year certificate from college or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience: 3-5 years experience in a metals manufacturing environment.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Strong mechanical aptitude with high attention to detail are required for this role. Strong familiarity with metrics as well as ANSI standards. Must be able to use decimals and fractions as they relate to work environment. Experience in MS works software and PC experience a plus.
- Functional Skills: Excellent prioritization, organizational and attention to detail are important in this role. Must possess basic machinist tools.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to fill out daily labor reports and record information of daily activities.
- Culture Match: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent Comprehensive Health program
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer