About USA Volleyball
Would you like to work in the Olympic movement with one of the most successful organizations serving one of the fastest growing and exciting sports in the world? USA Volleyball (USAV) is the national governing body for beach, indoor, sitting, snow, and para-beach volleyball in the United States with over 400,000 members, responsible for selecting the Olympic and Paralympic volleyball teams. USA Volleyball also supports a network of regional associations, youth and junior programs, national championships, coaching and officials training, grassroots development, and the SafeSport initiative. Visit www.usavolleyball.org for more.
USAV is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing the diversity of its community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, gender identity or expression, disability, or sexual orientation in our programs and activities or our employment practices. To learn more about USAV's diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, please visit our DEI page at: https://www.teamusa.org/usa-volleyball/dei.
The Coordinator, Finance is a regular part-time (approximately 20hrs/week) position reporting to the Controller. The position supports the department recording activity in the general ledger, preparing accounts payable and aids in distributing financial statements monthly. This position is located in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Work may be conducted from home or in the office or a combination thereof. There will be days when in-office work may be required. A remote arrangement may be possible for the ideal candidate.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to:
- Review and approve purchase orders and Accounts Payable documents.
- Prepare and process weekly Accounts Payable run.
- Maintain Accounts Payable records in an accurate and complete manner.
- Participate in weekly finance department meetings and annual operating planning sessions.
- Process and send international wires.
- Complete and represent USAV in direct bill applications.
- Perform data entry, including invoices, revenues, and month-end general ledger adjustments.
- Responsible for monthly banking tasks which include monthly deposits, automatic withdrawals, verification and recording of wire deposits and reconciliation of savings/checking statements for bank accounts.
- Assist Controller in compilation of monthly financial statements.
- Maintain GL records and reconciliations of staff receivables, deferred revenue, prepaid expenses, and accounts payable.
- Maintain records for Travel VIK and reconcile monthly.
- Coordinate with bank representatives to ensure bank accounts have up-to-date authorized signors.
- Prepare 1099 forms annually.
- Assist with annual audit, prepare documents for review, and works with auditors.
- Support other finance duties during peak periods or PTO coverage.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent GED level credentials.
- 2-3 years' working experience in Accounts Payable or General Accounting.
- Possess advanced level skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Must be able to successfully pass a USAV background screening prior to the hire date.
- Must successfully complete SafeSport training within two weeks of hire date and remain current throughout employment.
Salary: $18-20/hr. commensurate with experience.
Benefits: USAV also offers a benefits package to all part-time employees to include:
- Pro-rated paid holidays
- May contribute to a 403B retirement plan.
- Robust EAP and wellness challenge program.
- Benefits may be modified or discontinued from time to time at the company's discretion as permitted by law.
Applications accepted online only. Phone calls not accepted. Applications must be received by no later than Monday, October 2, 2023. Please ensure your cover letter addresses your interest in USAV and the position.