Director of Finance for the City of Selma
Are you an experienced finance professional with working knowledge of GASB and/or GAAP standards? Do you have experience with governmental budgeting analysis and reporting financial data? Are you ready to lead a team in a fast-growing environment? Do you enjoy a flexible work schedule? If so, the City of Selma is looking for their next Full-time Director of Finance to join the team!
Regional Government Services, and its staff are conducting the recruitment on behalf of the City of Selma.
The Director of Finance is an at-will, executive level position and under administrative direction, plans, organizes and directs the operations of the City Finance office; supervises the day-to-day activities of staff in carrying out the functions of the Finance Department; participates in upper level financial and accounting control; and performs related duties as required. Responsible for maintenance and control of the City's most sensitive documents and financial recordkeeping; City municipal bonds management; City's data processing equipment; City's budget and management of the annual audit.
For more information about this exciting opportunity please click the link below:
• Retirement: The City is a member of the California Public Employees' Retirement System. Employees hired on or prior to December 31, 2012, currently contribute 8% of the "employee's share" for the 2.7% @ 55 Retirement Plan (integrated with Social Security). Employees hired on or after January 1, 2013, who are considered a new member of CalPERS per PEPRA regulations, will contribute 50% of the "total cost" for the 2% @ 62 Retirement Plan (integrated with Social Security). Participation is mandatory.
• Social Security: Employer and employees pay into the Social Security system through payroll deduction.
• Deferred Compensation Plan: The Director of Finance may voluntarily participate in a tax-deferred retirement plan, which allows employees to defer a part of their wages and at the same time, lower their state and federal income taxes. City contributions may be provided for the Director of Finance up to $2,100 annually.
• Flexible Work Schedule: The City provides an environment promoting a positive work/life balance.
• Holidays: The City normally observes twelve (12) holidays a year and employees receive an additional floating holiday for their birthday each year.
• Vacation: Vacation is accumulated at the rate of one day for each month worked. Beginning with the sixth year of service, additional vacation is accumulated for longevity up to a maximum of 24 days a year.
• Administrative Leave: The Director of Finance receives 40 hours of administrative leave per fiscal year.
• Sick Leave: Sick leave is accumulated at the rate of one workday a month.
• Group Insurance: The Director of Finance may participate in health, dental, vision and group life insurance programs. The City pays approximately 90% of these premiums for the employee and eligible dependents.
• Stipends: A cell phone stipend and car allowance are provided for the Director of Finance.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity apply via the link below.
Qualified candidates are required to submit a Letter of Interest and a focused resume detailing their recent (within the past 10 years) experience and demonstrated career accomplishments relevant to this position along with their application.
Each candidate's background will be evaluated on the basis of information submitted at the time of application, and qualified candidates will participate in a preliminary remote screening interview, tentatively scheduled for early October 2022. The most-qualified candidates from the remote interview will be submitted for consideration for final selection by the City Manager.
The final interviews are tentatively scheduled for the week of October 17, 2022.
Neither Regional Government Services nor the City of Selma are responsible for failure of internet forms or email transmission in submitting your application. Candidates who may require special assistance in any phase of the application or selection process should advise us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
The City of Selma is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Closing Date/Time: 10/7/2022 11:59 PM Pacific