Director of Finance, Tseng College (520134)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
About the College
CSUN's Tseng College: Graduate, International, and Midcareer Education (College) provides advanced professional education to undergraduate, graduate, international and midcareer students. With more than $37.7 million in revenue and close to 28,000 total enrollments in 2020-2021, the College is a leading provider of professional degrees, certificates and custom-designed programs. Known for its premier support services, the College employs an administrative staff of more than 70 full-time employees, leading to high graduation rates - 68-89 percent for most programs in 2019-2020, with some, like the Master of Social Work, achieving 96 percent in 2019-2020.
The College is nationally recognized for providing programs with formats, delivery modes and locations that address the needs and constraints facing working professionals and their organizations. It works closely with businesses, communities, agencies and international partners to design and deliver programs that meet unique organizational needs and goals. To learn more about CSUN Tseng College: https://tsengcollege.csun.edu/aboutus/whycsun
Under general supervision of the Executive Director, Business Operations & Finance, the Director of Finance, Tseng College, provides financial guidance, planning, analysis, reporting and management to Tseng College, applies expertise to assess, research and evaluate the impact of recommended or implemented policies and procedures for the college of extended learning and proposes new approaches and solutions to address complex issues. The incumbent keeps abreast of the program/cohort planning, launches, and monitors the overall revenue and profitability goals of the college, leads the college annual budget process, and monitors revenue and expenditure accounts to ensure that the college remains on track with the budget plan.
• Serves as the prime leadership role in the areas for the College, routinely interacting Financial Services, Student Accounting and Cash Services, Financial Reporting, Physical Plant Management, and LA County agencies related to the ReLAY program for opportunity youths.
• Ensures that all transactions are accurate and within Tseng, CSUN, CSU, state and Federal policy parameters and that all business and financial practices used are effective, efficient and in compliance with all relevant policies.
• Leads and oversees the day-to-day operations of one senior financial analyst, one financial analyst, two student accounts specialists, and a student assistant within the Finance department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3g6CmmH
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in a job-related field required.
• Equivalent to six (6) years of full-time, progressively responsible relevant experience in a highly specialized technical/professional area; experience in accounting, finance and budget management in a complex organization highly preferred.
• Oversight and administration of a program with supervision and/or lead experience.
• Master's degree in a job-related field is strongly preferred; CPA credential is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Extensive and in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply: expertise in the advanced theories, principles, methods and practices associated with the functional specialty, including applicable internal policies and procedures and pertinent laws and regulations, which are highly complex and require substantial judgment and discretion in interpreting and applying them; expertise in advanced operations, systems analysis and research methods and/or GAAP Accounting.
• Ability and specialized skills to: interpret and evaluate results to develop sound conclusions and recommend new or revised policies; understand problems from a broad perspective and develop strategic solutions; work with representatives from public and private entities; demonstrated consultative and facilitation skills in working with internal and external constituent groups; interpret and integrate complex data and information to formulate appropriate courses of action;
• Ability and specialized skills to: lead, develop and monitor the life cycle of budget planning and expense control; effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentative format; design and develop large data gathering methods for analyses.
• Ability to demonstrate: expertise in financial guidance, planning, analysis, reporting and budget management; excellent analytical and Excel modeling skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; oversee and provide training.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification/grade: 1038 / Admin Analyst/Specialist / 4
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $8167 - $9000, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $6322 - $12,285 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday; may include evenings and weekends.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a one-year probationary period.
• The position is currently hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days remote); however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
• Applications received through November 29, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
• In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
• CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled