Escrow Disbursement Coordinator
Join the PCN/Safe Escrow Team! Safe Escrow is a provider of escrow disbursement services to Title Agents Nationwide. Safe Escrow is a division of First American Title's Agency Division. Don't miss this opportunity to join the PCN/Safe Escrow Team and build your career at First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF). We believe that our people are the key to the company's continued success. Because our employees enable our future, we invest in theirs by supporting their careers and promoting their overall well-being. First American has created an award-winning culture and has been named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for the fifth consecutive year and to more than 50 regional Best Places to Work lists.
Assist escrow branch operations with disbursement of escrow transactions by printing checks, issuing wires, creating cover letters, and issuing final HUD's. Review and prepare closing files for disbursement once the file is closed. Confirm that the file balances are accurate and disburse the funds according to directions, most often by issuing checks. Work with lenders, buyers and escrow officers to balance files that have closed and disburse the file.
- Prepares wires for transfer
- Disburses files and issues checks
- Issue closing documents and letters to appropriate parties
- Provide internal and external customer service
- Numeric and alphanumeric data entry into First American proprietary software
- Answer a moderate volume of phone calls
- Deposit incoming funds from lender.
- Ensure file is properly balance and reconcile any differences with Escrow Officer.
- Reconcile incoming and outgoing wires.
- Cut net proceed checks to borrowers, lien holders and creditors as required.
- Prepare daily deposit slips.
- Run daily accounting reports
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Intermediate level working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and escrow related software. Ability to type a minimum of 40 WPM required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Basic accounting knowledge including accounts receivable
- Settlement statement (HUD) knowledge
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Detail orientated
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 1+ years Banking and/or Escrow Experience highly preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer. For more information about our Company and our dedication to putting People First, check out firstam.com/careers.