*Salary will include an additional 11% salary increase (pending City Council approval on November 8, 2022.)
The Finance Administrator supervises accounting, compliance, and financial reporting for the City and is primarily responsible for the coordination of audits, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the State Controller's Reports, Special Revenue Funds, Capital Project Funds, Internal Service Funds, and year-end closing of the general ledger. Reviewing and assisting with the annual budgets for the special funds will be one of the first objectives of this position.
If you are a skilled professional with outstanding judgement and management skills who enjoys working in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment, the Finance Administrator position is an excellent opportunity for you .
This position has the option to work a hybrid telecommuting schedule.
- Coordinate, supervise and participate in the City budget development process including short-term and long-term fiscal forecasting; supervise and participate in complex financial analyses and budgetary planning.
- Prepare and present oral and written reports regarding a variety of fiscal activities, reporting, operations, procedures, and financial analysis.
- Assist external auditors during the audit process by providing documents, and reports upon request. Implement procedural changes recommended by the auditor.
- Monitor, supervise and evaluate the work of consultants providing financial services to the City; prepare requests for proposals for consulting services.
- Analyze and evaluate the fiscal impact of City development activities.
- Provide financial knowledge and expertise to various City task force and committees; policy and procedural training to City employees at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of government and generally accepted municipal accounting practices and standards, required reports, information sources, budget development and administration techniques, personnel management principles, grant accounting and reporting, and automated fiscal systems applications and operation.
- Find additional information in the Finance Administrator job description.
- Experience in current federal, state and local policy and regulations.
- Exceptional problem-solving and supervisory abilities.
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service, situational awareness, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Public Administration or related field.
- Six (6) years of increasingly responsible governmental finance experience including some in a supervisory capacity, or any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- May require a California driver license.
- Master's degree in related field.
Irvine is recognized as one of America's Best Places to Live, according to Money Magazine . The City of Irvine features an array of entertainment and recreational opportunities including exceptional parks, open space preservations, sport complexes, and master-planned communities.
Administrative Services is committed to sound fiscal stewardship in maximizing the City's ability to deliver high-quality services to the community. The department consists of the following areas: Administration, Fiscal Services, Budget and Strategic Planning, Purchasing, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and Information Technology.
The selection process will include an examination and conducting a background investigation prior to appointment. This recruitment may establish an eligibility list to fill future positions in similar and/or lower classifications within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Irvine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. We encourage you to inform Human Resources at least two business days prior to the first phase of the selection process if you have a disability that may require an accommodation.
The City offers the CalPERS 2% at 62 formula for new CalPERS members.; OR 2% at 55 formula for existing CalPERS members with less than a six-month break in service from another CalPERS or CalPERS reciprocal agency. Additional details on the City's retirement plan will be provided to candidates during the job offer process. For further information about CalPERS, please contact CalPERS directly.
The City currently offers medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage for employees and their dependents. In addition, the City provides life insurance and a disability plan for employees.
120 to 200 hours of annual vacation accrual, depending on years of service; 11 paid holidays per year; 40 hours of annual administrative leave; 96 hours of sick leave per year; and 80 hours of annual personal leave. City employees currentlywork a36/44 hour work week schedule.
Professional Development/Education Reimbursement up to $1,300 per year; Flexible Spending Account that allows pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible medical and dependent care expenses; and a City Wellness program that includes on-site fitness centers.
Closing Date/Time: 12/1/2022 5:00 PM Pacific