Finance Analyst 1 – Auxiliary Services Admin
Summary of Position
This position provides financial support to the Associate Director, Finance for Auxiliary Services, a department within University Services Finance, which supports all Auxiliary Services departments as well as support and direction to operational units within Auxiliary Services as needed. Auxiliary Services is a diverse group of departments providing goods and services to the University community. Auxiliary Services is a primarily self-supporting unit, generating more than 98% of revenue from the sale of goods and services to internal and external customers.
University Services Finance endorses a "work with flexibility" approach. Work location options for this position include working partially remote or entirely in the office and are based on the work of the position.
30% Financial Management and Oversight
• Understand components and impacts of multiple funding sources of Auxiliary Services' units and provide financial analysis of Auxiliary Services financial results, fund balances, and metrics
• Review financial reports, account balances and develop audit routines to identify, correct and prevent errors in internal accounting systems and transactions
• Determine and implement best practices, and recommend solutions for areas of concern or efficiency opportunities, while ensuring compliance with University and departmental policies
• Coordinate the implementation of new accounting procedures and processes to meet internal department and central University accounting and reporting changes
• Develop operational summaries for directors, Auxiliary Services, University Services, RRC, and AVP
• Serve as SME for Auxiliary Services regarding internal and external sales policies and processes
• Generate and review EFS reports to monitor comparability with general ledger subsidiary system
• Analyze and respond to audit requests. Monitor internal audits and control programs as well as designing and implementing changes as needed
30% Fiscal Operations Support
• Provide support and direction to Auxiliary operational units in a consultative manner
• Process and review various transactions in department and University financial system
• Assist in the production of general ledger and operating statements, annual budget, and year-end close
• Represent Auxiliary Services on various committees to share expertise, aid in decision making, and communicate information back to departments and leadership
• Perform various general ledger reconciliations
• Respond to quarterly and annual reporting requests
• Ensure adherence/compliance with University/regulatory agencies, accounting, financial, reporting policies and requirements
• Monitor internal audits and control programs as well as designing and implementing changes as needed
30% Financial Analysis
• Contribute to major analysis or initiatives within Aux Services as a key finance SME
• Forecast operational trends and translate into budget requirements, cash flow projections and capital plans
• Develop and maintain costing analysis and rate developments, ensuring insight into cost drivers and cost containment
• Analyze financial statements, prepare operational metrics and develop financial forecasting models and projections as changing business conditions mandate
• Participate in short- and long-term business and financial planning for operational units as needed
• Assist Associate Director with budget requirements for University's annual budget process
• Provide financial support for other ad-hoc requests and financial proformas
10% Other Duties as assigned
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $75,000 - $85,000
• BA/BS degree in accounting, finance or related field plus at least six years of experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced knowledge with Excel and integrated GL systems
• Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy or CPA
• Experience with University's financial systems
• Supervisory experience
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail email@example.com or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.