FINANCE ANALYST (COMMUNITY PROGRAM SPECIALIST IV)
The City of Long Beach, Department of Health and Human Services is recruiting two Finance Analysts (under the Community Program Specialist IV classification) in the Collective Impact and Operations Bureau. Reporting to an Administrative Analyst III, this position will assist with Department-wide financial operations and projects, especially activities related to COVID-19 response, to ensure budgets, expenditures, and revenues are accurately reflected in the City's financial systems, contract and grant requirements are met, and grant reimbursements are maximized. This position is located at the Main Health Department, 2525 Grand Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90815.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Prepares and monitors the performance of bureau budgets in a variety of funds and grants;
- Develops, compiles, and analyzes program data and makes recommendations to improve performance;
- Prepares and reviews billings to funding agencies;
- Assists in the analysis of current financial chart of accounts and recommending modification to align the Department's needs to Munis capabilities;
- Works with Bureau management and program staff to coordinate, develop, input, and monitor annual operating budgets, including position allocation, memoranda of understanding (MOUs), estimates to close (ETC)/year-end projections, budget adjustments, and monthly analyses;
- Prepares documentation for financial audits by internal and external audits, and responds to auditors' questions;
- Creates reports to communicate the performance of multiple funds, projects, and programs;
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for improving organizational effectiveness and measures for evaluating program performance and accomplishments;
- Performs other related duties as required.
REQUIREMENTS TO FILE
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Public Administration, or closely related field. Experience offering specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis; AND
- A minimum of three (3) years full-time professional experience offering specific and substantial preparation for the duties of the position. A Master's Degree in Business, Public Administration, or closely related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required professional experience;
- A valid motor vehicle operator's license may be required for some positions;
- Ability to require work overtime, weekends, and evenings when needed.
- Experience with administration of funding components for grant-funded programs or projects.
- Experience with the development and monitoring operating budgets for organizations, programs, or projects.
- Working knowledge of Munis® by Tyler Technologies, including project-related modules.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Proficiency with financial management systems related to budgeting, accounting, and purchasing functions.
- Ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, be flexible, and manage multiple assignments within a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently produce a professional work product in a timely manner.
- Proficiency with computers, including internet, email, and office productivity software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
This recruitment will close at 4:30 p.m. (Pacific Time) on Wednesday, October 21, 2020. To be considered, please apply online under "current openings" with your cover letter, resume, and proof of education (for academic degrees) as PDF attachments at: www.longbeach.gov/jobs
Applications will be reviewed for depth and breadth of experience, and for level and relatedness of education (if applicable). The most qualified candidates will be invited to participate in further selection procedures. The selected candidate will be required to go through a background check, including a review of driver history, and a physical examination prior to appointment. Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements, including submission of all required attachments, will not be considered.
The City of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value and encourage diversity in our workforce. The City of Long Beach intends to provide reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If a special accommodation is desired, or if you would like to request this information in an alternative format, please call (562) 570-4102.
In support of the City's Language Access Policy, bilingual skills (Spanish, Khmer and/or Tagalog) are desirable for positions interacting with the public.Closing Date/Time: 10/21/2020 4:30 PM Pacific