Amherst has taken a leadership role among highly selective liberal arts colleges and universities in successfully diversifying the racial, socio-economic, and geographic profile of its student body. The College is similarly committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration and staff.
Amherst College invites applications for the Finance/Payroll Coordinator position. The Finance/Payroll Coordinator is a full-time, year-round position, job group and level PT-2. Given Amherst's distinction as one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, the successful candidate will demonstrate the w ays in which they bring value to and will work towards supporting a broadly diverse community.
The Finance/Payroll Coordinator manages the processing of Bi-weekly and Monthly payroll. In addition, the Coordinator assists in leading the day to day payroll operations, in absence of the Payroll Supervisor.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates Computer Purchase Plan, Mortgage Principal and Interest Plan
- Analyzes and computes reporting for 990 tax filing
- Verifies the quarterly 941 tax filing and retains balancing for W2 tax filing
- Provides coverage for Accounts Payable team as needed
- Provides direction and guidance to the payroll staff
- Effectively communicates across a diverse community
- Responds to Ask IT tickets in regards to Workday inquiries
- Verifies the weekly tax payments to agencies and reporting, and manages 941 reporting
- Processes monthly reports for finance
R e quir e d:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 5 years of related experience
- Strong financial acumen
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, and ability to learn and utilize new software programs
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer service
- Commitment to and/or experience working with a diverse community
Amherst College requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (medical and religious exemptions may apply).
Amherst College is pleased to provide a comprehensive, highly competitive benefits package that meets the needs of staff and faculty and their families. Benefits are an important part of our overall compensation, so it is critical that you review all of the options to ensure it meets your total compensation requirements. Click here for Benefits Information .
Interested candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter online at https://amherst.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Amherst_Jobs . Please be sure to upload all requested documents prior to clicking Submit. Applications cannot be revised once submitted. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To find information about job group and level (JGL) follow this link.