IT Business Systems Analyst (Finance Business Systems Support)
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education for up to (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
Notes to Applicants
- The City of Austin employment application is an official document; incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Please be sure to detail on the application all current and previous employment that you wish to be considered as part of your qualifications.
- The Employment Record should be complete with job titles, employment dates, job duties, functions, and responsibilities for each position held. Salary is established as an entry rate of pay for this position and is nonnegotiable.
- Résumés will not be accepted and statements such as "see résumé" will not be accepted. You may use "N/A" for fields that are not applicable.
- Please note that Austin Energy may close the job posting at any time after 7 days from the date of the initial advertisement. Once the job posting has closed, applications cannot be changed.
If you are selected as a top candidate:
- Verification of your education (which may include high school graduation or GED , undergraduate and/or graduate degrees) will be required. You must provide proof of education from an accredited organization/institution.
- If you are identified as a top candidate and are in the military or a veteran, you will need to provide a copy of your DD-214 prior to confirming a start date.
- This position requires a criminal background investigation.
Working with Austin Energy provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, career development opportunities and more. Please click HERE for more information.
40 hours/week - flexibility with schedule.
Additional work hours as needed.
Job Close Date 11/28/2021
Type of Posting External
Department Austin Energy
Grant Funded or Pooled Position Not Applicable
Location 4815 Mueller Blvd, Austin, Texas - telework availability
- Experience with software implementation projects, including integration, UAT testing, and SIT testing.
- Experience with work management systems such as Maximo or PowerPlan.
- Experience developing user training materials.
- Experience training others.
- Experience with financial/asset management systems.
- Experience supporting customer billing systems such as Oracle.
- Experience with utility accounting for fixed assets.
- Experience with inventory accounting.
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis.
- Experience conducting research for new and/or existing systems.
- Experience as a system superuser, system tester, and/or help desk technician.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
Meet with decision makers, system owners and end users to define business, financial and operations requirements and systems goals Assist with requirements gathering sessions to elicit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to potential IT solutions Create models, use cases, process flows, specifications, diagrams and charts to provide direction to developers, designers, and vendors Assist with converting requirements into developing a statement of work for use in requests for proposals Evaluate compatibility and interoperability of commercial off-the-shelf or in-house technology systems Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and assist with developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems Perform cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses to aid in making IT business decisions Conduct research on software and hardware products and technology services to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts Write and deliver reports, recommendations, or alternatives that address existing and potential trouble areas in IT applications across the organization Coordinate and perform tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, training and other post-implementation support
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of concepts and principles of application programming, database and system design including Internet, and network architectures
- Knowledge of legacy, and web-based systems interfaces
- Knowledge of importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis and total cost of ownership modeling
- Skill in performing requirements development, process modeling, reporting and project management tools
- Skill in developing process models and data flow diagrams using industry-standard modeling techniques
- Skill in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new concepts
- Ability to accurately identify/determine customer needs and take appropriate actions and/or steps to address identified needs
- Ability to recognize, value, and include different perspectives, experiences, approaches, and cultures in achieving organizational goals
- Ability to gain and maintain the trust and confidence of others and the organization through consistency and reliability
- Ability to give, receive, or share thoughts, ideas, perspective, and data to create shared understanding
- Ability to define, analyze, and find solutions for difficult or complex problems
- Ability to view the big picture
- Ability to quickly become familiar with emerging technologies
- Ability to identify trends as well as isolated events
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the American Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during the application process or have a question regarding an essential job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or TTY (512) 974-2445.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* This position requires graduation with a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job. Experience may substitute for education for up to four (4) years. Do you meet these minimum qualifications?
* If identified as a top candidate, do you agree to a Criminal Background Investigation (CBI)?
* Describe your experience with software implementation projects, including integration, UAT testing, and SIT testing.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience with work management systems such as Maximo or PowerPlan.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience developing user training materials.
(Open Ended Question)
* Describe your experience training others.
(Open Ended Question)
* Do you have experience with financial/asset management systems?
* Do you have experience supporting customer billing systems such as Oracle?
* Do you have experience with utility accounting for fixed assets?
* Do you have experience with inventory accounting?
* Do you have experience with financial reporting and analysis?
* Do you have experience conducting research for new and/or existing financial systems?
* Do you have experience as a system superuser, system tester, and/or help desk technician?
Optional & Required Documents
Required Documents Optional Documents