Looking for flexibility in your next role? Want to be a part of a global leader in compressor technology, engineering and innovation? Enjoy working in a temperature-controlled environment where integrity and a passion for success is valued and where people work together to get things done? Then, Kobelco has a place for you!
What Youll Do:As a Maintenance Technician, you will repair and maintain mechanical and hydraulic components of production machines and equipment such as metal fabricating machine tools, material handling system, electronic components, electrical systems, hvac, compressed air systems, and automated lubrication system.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
• Visually inspects and listens to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions.
• Dismantles machines and equipment to gain access to problem area.
• Inspects and measures parts to detect wear, misalignment, or other problems.
• Removes and replaces worn or defective parts of drive mechanism or hydraulic system.
• Repairs electronic components, such as machine tool controllers, etc...
• Realigns and adjusts components such as spindles and clutches.
• Locates damaged air and hydraulic pipes on machine, and measures, cuts, threads, and installs new pipe.
• Starts machines and equipment to test operation following repair.
• Repairs broken parts. Sets up and operates metalworking tools such as lathe, drill press, or grinder, to make or repair parts. Working knowledge of welding in an industrial environment useful.
• May be required to work overtime in emergency breakdown situations.
• Education: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience: 1-2 years experience in maintenance. Experience in a metals manufacturing environment is a plus.
• Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer literacy and the ability to interpret data from various forms of software.
• Functional Skills: Excellent prioritization, organizational and attention to detail are important in this role.
• Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is expected. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, outside service contractors, etc... Ability to read various forms of blueprints and report to management on findings from such evaluations.
• Culture Match Behaviors: Conceptual thinker who can take a vision and create better processes and solutions. Enjoys collaboration, being a team player and participating in continuous improvement activities.
What We Offer:
• Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
• Competitive salaries
• Excellent Comprehensive Health program
• Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
We are an equal opportunity Employer