Real Property Appraiser Senior – Department of Finance
About Our Job
Please apply as soon as you are able as we will close this position as soon as we receive a sufficient number of qualified candidates.
The Department of Finance has an opening for a Senior Real Property Appraiser to perform full performance level professional and complex appraisal work in residential, multifamily, commercial and industrial real property within the City and County of Denver. The Senior Real Property Appraiser will design, analyze, interpret and document full appraisal studies of assigned property types.
Analyzes and interprets data such as cost of construction, market comparison, and income-producing potential. This may include reviews of complex income and expense statements, leases, depreciation, and property sales to determine correct valuation for all property classes assigned.
- Designs, performs, analyzes, interprets and documents appraisal studies for varied and complex property types which may include analysis of financial and investment data as well as cost data from multiple sources.
- Prepares full narrative appraisal reports and presents oral presentations at various hearing boards in support of the appraised value that conform to standards promulgated by the Appraisal Standards Board.
- Explains to citizens, professional tax representatives, attorneys and private appraisers the basis for appraised values for assigned property classes.
- Receives and analyzes property valuation appeals, explains assessment procedures, prepares testimony and presents evidence to the County Board of Equalization, the State Board of Assessment Appeals, County Commissioners, and District Court.
- Performs on-site inspections to verify physical characteristics of land and buildings for assigned appraisal studies.
- Performs reviews of classes of properties to assure assessment uniformity as verified by state audit.
- Researches and collects data for database inventories on new construction, cuts/combinations, and demolitions.
- Prepares reports utilizing a variety of statistical methodologies and software, and according to guidelines established by the Appraisal Standards Board.
- Assists taxpayers and other agencies and organizations to obtain real estate information, and provides explanations of appraisal methods, statutes, and procedures.
- May assist in the coordination and checking of work completed by other employees for various short term projects.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate has :
- 5+ years of professional appraisal experience including 3+ years of ad valorem (Assessment) experience
- 3+ years of experience in non-residential appraisal assignments
We realize your time is valuable, so please do not apply unless you have the following required minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- Experience Requirement Three (3) years of professional appraisal experience.
- Education & Experience Equivalency One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- Licensure & Certification By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
- Possession an appraisal license issued by the Colorado Board of Real Estate Appraisers and must maintain licensure throughout employment.
- Licensure by another state will be accepted in lieu of this requirement provided the applicant is registered by the State of Colorado by the completion of the probation.
- Licenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition of employment.
About Everything Else
CV2036 Real Property Appraiser Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$56,083.00 - $89,733.00
Hiring Range for this positions is : $56,083 - $89,733 based on education and experience.
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.