Regional Director of Finance
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Regional Director of Finance is responsible for day to day accounting, forecasting accuracy, and budgeting of assigned HEI assets. Accountable for the month-end close process, balance sheet reconciliation, process improvement, and the control environment of each assigned hotel. The Regional Director of Finance will meet their responsibilities by meeting with property level staff, reviewing financial activity, discussing issues causing the asset to miss forecast, training/developing property level staff to ensure continued success, and understanding asset manager requirements in order to manage their expectations.
- Oversees property level day to day finance activity.
- Supports property level staff with monthly forecast accuracy and annual budget process.
- Reviews monthly financials for accuracy and reviews balance sheet for completion and risk management.
- Participates in owner and asset manager meetings, as applicable.
- Ensures large financial risk items are controlled (i.e. real estate taxes, sales/use taxes, cash account reconciliations, etc.).
- Reviews property ICQ/Internal Audit reports and follows-up with hotel's Director of Finance for action plan.
- Understands property cash flow and validates plan with ownership is in place in event cash levels drop below working capital levels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- A minimum of 8 years' experience in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Sound experience working within the hotel or service industry preferably in a multi-unit capacity.
- Previous hotel regional and Director of Finance experience recommended.
- Experience with Asset Manager Interaction.
- Knowledge of hotel month-end, budgeting, forecasting, and financial preparation process.
- Possess the interpersonal skills to interact at the highest level with hotel operators and owners.
- Strong influencing, leadership skills, inter-personal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and leadership skills.
- Strong problem solving skills, including ability to effectively address any issue in collaboration with others as appropriate; ability to proactively identify and prevent potential problems; ability to help develop problem solving skills among direct reports and other team members as appropriate.
- Ability to take initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for team to fulfil responsibilities in accordance with core strategic goal.
- Travel is required 50-75% of the time.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI112739941