Senior Associate, Contracts and Finance- Asset Management Revenue
Asset Management Revenue
New York, New York
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City's diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC's Asset Management Revenue (AMR) Division manages the overall strategy for conventional and non-traditional assets across all five boroughs of New York City. The portfolio includes commercial real estate properties as well as transportation, port assets, critical infrastructure, and energy assets. The Asset Management Revenue division pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation and growing equitable neighborhoods. The overall assets are divided into multiple portfolios, each managed by a VP or SVP, with a Portfolio Surveillance group that monitors and enforces standards and practices across the portfolio. The division-wide portfolio encompasses property types including those that are standard in the real estate industry (retail, commercial, industrial), port assets (NYC Ferry, NY Cruise, rail, maritime and aviation) as well as assets particular to the public sector (public retail and wholesale markets, Broadway and non-profit theaters, and affordable industrial and commercial campuses). In fiscal year 2018, the division actively managed over 220 properties and over 65 million square feet at a 95% occupancy rate, generating more than $240 million in revenue.
The NYC Ferry Department within Asset Management oversees the implementation and operation of NYC Ferry along with a suite of ferry assets and projects including public and private ferry operations, landing infrastructure, and vessels.
Your Role: We are looking for a highly organized, strong communicating all-rounder who can work with minimal supervision on high profile projects with a keen interest in leading a public service career. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for Budget and Contracts, you will be responsible for daily contractual oversight of the multimillion-dollar contract underpinning the NYC Ferry (NYCF) service. NYCF launched in 2017 and has carried over 12 million riders to date across six routes. This operation is a public-private partnership between NYCEDC and the ferry operator. For more information on the ferry service, please see www.ferry.nyc.
As a member of the NYC Ferry Division, you will report to the AVP of Contracts and Finance. You will be responsible for managing the day to day task for all matters related to contracts and finance for NYC Ferry and assist in the long-term planning.
On contract matters, you will manage contract agreements, keeping track of all executed documents. Oversee the agreement between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry, and numerous other contracts that NYCEDC holds for ferry-related services. Aside from managing the current agreements, you will also assist in drafting new terms as they develop. The future of these agreements will be the structural basis for the public-private partnership providing transit services to New Yorkers.
You will assist in the development, oversight and reforecasting of the annual operating budget for NYC Ferry. The operating budget includes payments for ferry services, reconciliation with ridership revenue, contingency and emergency expenses and all other aspects of NYC Ferry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the contractual relationship between NYCEDC and the operator of NYC Ferry;
- Assist in developing and managing the annual NYCEDC operating budget for NYC Ferry;
- Draft amendments, correspondence, and any other types of documentation related to the contract(s), leases, permits, and/or licenses;
- Manage, track, and monitor ferry operator contract obligations. This includes payment obligations, deadlines, insurance coverage, and regulatory compliance;
- Manage private, public, and internal stakeholder relationships and be the primary point of contact for all contractual issues;
- Support the oversight of invoicing, payments for all ferry-related contract matters;
- Establish and perform document control procedures for all records related to contracts;
- Manage responses to all Freedom of Information requests;
- Other project management responsibilities, as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent in public administration, business administration, finance, or a related field.
- At least 3 years of professional experience in contract management, law, project management, budget development/oversight, finance, public affairs or related work;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present critical information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects against tight timelines in a team environment.
- Valid Driver's License.
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire.
- Women and minorities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Master's degree or equivalent in business, law, public administration, public policy, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience in contract management, law, project management, budget development/oversight, finance, public affairs or related work.
- Previous experience in management of a major services contract and/or certification in Contract Management, i.e. IACCM Associate Certification.
- Advanced excel skills and/or financial modeling experience.
- Experience working with operating entities such as transit agencies, maritime companies, fleet managers, trucking/transportation companies, or other related operations.
- Experience working with New York City or other government entities.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City's primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City's five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city's competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City-and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you'll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone's contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc. PI113996202