Specialist IS Architect, SAP Finance
Job ID: R-90055
Location: Tampa, FL, US 33602
Amgen is seeking an expert SAP Solution Architect with creativity and passion to drive innovation and change. The Specialist IS Architect will be responsible for equipping Amgen's Finance professionals with solutions in our SAP ecosystem that can drive continuous improvement through automation. Are you a seasoned technologist that enjoys collaborating with business partners to enable a more connected enterprise? Come join our team!
The SAP Solution Architect will report to the Senior Manager Information Systems based at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a significant impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to our Accounting, Tax, Treasury, and Financial Planning & Analysis partners by providing insights that drive increased automation
- Collaborate with technology and business leaders to develop technology roadmaps
- Co-innovate with our global SAP ERP team to advance the capabilities of our ERP landscape through S/4HANA blueprinting
- Develop solution architecture for SAP FICO in our worldwide Suite on HANA instance
- Own the review and approval of SAP FICO solution design submitted by global SAP Finance architect team
- Lead all aspects of system build according to approved solution architecture
- Work independently, function as a knowledge resource for less experienced team members
Master's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, including a natural ability to explain complex technical topics to diverse audiences
- Proven experience of implementing or supporting management of multiple SAP Finance and Controlling solutions in an SAP ECC environment
- Experience with General Ledger, Asset Accounting, AR / AP, Cost Accounting, Profit Center Accounting, and Profitability Analysis
- Experience with SAP Business Consolidation (SEM-BCS) a plus
- Experience with S/4HANA and SAP partner products such as Autobank, SAP Lease Accounting by Nakisa (SLAN), and Thomson Reuters Indirect Tax Determination a plus
- Experience in Agile model utilizing concepts like User Stories, Personas, Epics, Features, Sprint etc.
- Possesses strong learning agility and technical leadership - ability to breakdown complex topics issues and into actionable plans for team execution
- Desire to work with a truly dynamic and exciting team, with a "roll-up your sleeves" approach
- Foster a culture of innovation to encourage resources to evaluate and introduce new technologies that will allow business partners to meet their objectives
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.