Sr Associate Finance
Job ID: R-93550
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US 91360
Amgen is seeking a Sr. Associate Finance who will play an important role in Cost of Sales Financial Planning, and Analysis for the Operations Organization.
The role will provide financial and analytical support for Operations in support of Amgen's worldwide Cost of Sales (COS). Key areas of focus include analyzing and identifying financial drivers (i.e. Direct Cost of Goods sold (COGS), Cost of Goods Manufactured (COGM), Gross Expenses) for COS from a global perspective, including the impact of partnerships, acquisitions, insourcing, outsourcing, manufacturing network changes, etc.
The role provides financial analysis to key Operations and Finance areas such as:
- Consolidate the global COGM and split data by manufacturing process such as drug substance and drug product
- Forecast Cost of Sales for the budget, forecast, and LRP
- Perform COGM and COS analysis
- Assist with the monthly accounting close process related to calculating actual cost for the month
- Support the annual standard costing process
- Provide financial support and analysis related to the commercial supply agreement with external partners
- Provid e ke y financia l suppor t an d analysi s o n a n ad-ho c basi s t o Operations clients such as Supply Chain
Key contacts and partners include: Corporate FP&A, Tax, Treasury, Global Operations teams, Supply Chain, Operations Strategic Planning, Commercial Manufacturing Sites, GCO FP&A, Partnership Accounting, Cost Accounting, R&D FP&A, and Corporate Accounting.
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Finance experience
Associate degree and 6 years of Finance experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Finance experience
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or another quantitative field of study
- 2+ years of corporate level experience
- Experience in Financial Planning & Analysis roles
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience
- Relevant cost of sales planning experience
- Proficient in enterprise planning and reporting tools such as Hyperion and SAP
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to take the initiative and work under a minimum supervision
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
MEANINGFUL IMPACT. To serve patients. We are all deeply committed to our mission: to serve patients. And we all have opportunities to contribute to that mission in meaningful ways. This creates a powerful sense of shared purpose.
INNOVATIVE: Stretch yourself at the cutting edge. You're poised to have a high impact in the new Bio century, Amgen offers our people interesting and challenging work.
REPUTATION. Be behind world-renowned products and services. With our industry reputation and strong product pipeline, you can take pride in working at Amgen.
COLLABORATIVE. Work alongside the best. Be part of our highly talented, hard-working teams. Their spirit is what fuels our success.
REWARDING. Get a fair share in success. Everyone's contribution is recognized - and strong performance is rewarded.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.