Task Force Director of Finance
# of Openings: 2
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Assistant Regional Director of Finance - Transitions, will assist the Regional Finance Lead - Transitions with training property staff, rolling out HEI operating policies and procedures and assisting the staff throughout the transition process. This includes assistance in setting up the balance sheet reconciliation process, day to day income journal completion, and month end closing process. The Assistant Regional Director of Finance- Transitions is a key position in ensuring the hotel is setup for success once the hotel transitions to a full time operating region.
- Sets up the financial books and records of new HEI assets including the balance sheet and historical mapping.
- Manage the takeover process from a financial aspect including pro-rations, true-ups, and treasury setup.
- Reviews monthly financials for accuracy and reviews balance sheet for completion and risk management.
- Trains hotel staff on daily, monthly, and quarterly processes.
- Sets up procurement process including temporary checkbooks while the procurement system is launched.
- Assists with the stub budget and forecast, as applicable.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Sound experience working within the hotel or service industry preferably in a multi-unit capacity.
- Previous hotel regional and Director of Finance experience recommended.
- Knowledge of hotel month-end, budgeting, forecasting, and financial preparation process.
- A high level of Finance, Accounting, Strategy and Analysis knowledge and skills.
- A deep understanding of the hospitality industry, including all facets of development, opening, operating, conversion and transition, owner relations and revenue management. Ability to create complex models utilizing Microsoft Excel.
- A strong ability to successfully direct multiple and complex project work streams to successful completion.
- An effective leader of change with an ability to communicate, instruct and engage internal talent in order to achieve ongoing and effective change.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to diverse audiences at all levels of financial expertise.
- Flexibility - ability to adapt to changing business needs.
- Ability to multi-task - manage multiple projects.
- Travel is required at least 75% of the time
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI114313960