Treasury Senior Management Analyst – Department of Finance
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed,at a city site and/or in the field several days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
This posting will accept applications until December 4th. Please apply as soon as possible.
About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance manages the city's investing, fiscal analysis, budgeting, debt and asset management, tax assessment and collection, and accounting functions as well as establishing, maintaining and enforcing fiscal policies, practices and procedures for the entire City and County of Denver. The Department commits to Denver residents the delivery of these services through a financial structure that mirrors the best practices of both the public and private sectors. This commitment promotes better service, enhanced performance measures, maximum accountability and improved business processes.
About the Treasury Division
The Treasury Division collects, records, and deposits all City taxes and revenues, and disburses money as required by law. The Treasury Division's other responsibilities include enforcement of tax compliance; and administration of the City's property tax programs. The mission of the Treasury Division of the Department of Finance is to promote and facilitate voluntary compliance, strive to ensure fairness, and collect tax revenue that funds city services. By carrying out this mission in a professional, efficient, and customer-oriented manner, we maximize the financial resources available to meet the needs of the community and its citizens.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
As the Senior Management Analyst, you will analyze current data aligning to performance objectives and implement productivity improvement programs for all units in Treasury. In this role, you will act as the software subject matter expert (SME) for all treasury systems, including Gentax, IasWorld, and Enterprise Cashiering Systems (ECS), and serve as the liaison between Technology Services (TS) and the Treasury for software implementations, updates, etc. You will also assist with different divisional projects and provide process improvement ideas in order to effectively reduce waste. We are looking for candidates who possess exceptional customer service skills, effective knowledge of business processes and the ability to thrive in a team environment.
Additionally, as the Senior Management Analyst, you can expect to:
- Evaluate and make recommendations for procedures in all operational areas of Tax Compliance to increase efficiency
- Revise procedures, processes, and methods to increase effectiveness, test alternatives approaches, assist in the installation of improvements/modifications, provide instruction to operating personnel, and perform follow up to ensure the defined outcomes are achieved
- Provide post implementation support when working with the city's Technology Services Division and the system vendors to analyze and solve problems with the applications, provide requirements for reporting needs, document continuing process changes, and facilitate testing for system fixes and future releases
- Cultivate and foster a positive working relationship within teams and other stakeholders to gain cooperation, support, and buy in for continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested
We are looking for someone with some or all of the following skills and experience:
- Black Belt Certification/Lean Six Sigma Preferred
- Passion and dedication to ensuring the highest level of customer service to our clients
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Aptitude to learn new software systems
- Workday or any other large-scale ERP system experience is preferred
- A positive and proactive approach
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Management, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in administrative, management, and operational analysis work which must have included analyzing management problems and recommending solutions and implementation strategies.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for experience requirements
About Everything Else
CA2253 Management Analyst Senior
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$67,488.00 - $111,355.00
Based on education and experience
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.