VBW Finance Associate (Data Analyst)
Job ID: R-92979
Location: Tampa, FL, US 33602
We are seeking a highly motivated Data Analyst who will support the Value Based Work and Global Sourcing teams in their cross functional productivity efforts by using data analytics skills. The successful individual will dive into the data to uncover insights, formulate and test ideas, and partner with internal clients across multiple departments to help understand and accelerate business productivity efforts. The role will enable decision making that will support category spend improvement, build zero-base and driver-based budgets and enhance understanding of cost management.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate his/her technical (systems & tools) knowledge to generate financial reports, visuals and dashboards. This role will provide key support on multiple projects, will be an integral part of cross-functional teams, formulate and clearly deliver complex information, issues and recommendations in both written and oral presentations to the VBW team.
- Support the productivity ideation process:
- provide financial analytical support for idea generation and prioritization
- fulfill Finance, Global Sourcing and Business data requests
- Support the budgeting process:
- provide analytical support to identify the packages suitable for zero-base budget
- develop and maintain cost driver collection tool
- develop financial reports in support of budget review process
- Support the in-year monitoring process:
- prepare quarterly in-year Monitoring dashboard report, consolidated category cost reports and necessary backups
- conduct in-depth variance analysis
- Identify data needed for analytics
- Support continuous improvement process to ensure that the VBW capability remains relevant and optimized
- Perform ad hoc analysis and support special projects
- Provide support in developing executive communications
- Interact with various groups including Value Based Work, Global Sourcing, functional Finance and Business Partners to understand data and assumptions
- Assist in developing business cases and strategic recommendations
- Use analytics tools and technical skills to produce actionable insights; gather, analyze and cleanse information to create business reports for teams and individuals across the business
- Develop of a wide-range of innovative data and analytics solutions
Competence / Skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn and completely understand Value Based Work principles and methodology
- Organization abilities essential to prioritize, execute, track, and report progress of multiple requests
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint for tracking and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Knowledge of Hyperion, Smartsheet and Anaplan budget planning tools
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Tableau data and Python
Associate degree and 4 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of directly related experience
- 3+ years' experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries
- Knowledge of data analytics, database, and visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, Python, Redshift)
- Experience with medium to complex financial modeling, benchmarking, data mining and research
- Experience working in a multi-functional project or support function setting
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.